Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Triumphant Return?

Howdy, folks!

As none of you may know, I'm uploading again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZW5jYDBUo

It's been a busy year -- almost two.  I've come into college as a Freshman promising to keep myself actively uploading.  One video later, I'm now a Sophomore!  That didn't work as planned, eh?

I'm not the biggest fan of pursuing YouTube as a career.  I've always been a fan of the whole "Jack of All Trades" mindset, getting into as many fields and developing as many skills as I can manage.  I wanted to learn how to edit audio and video, and I love video games.  So boom, I started a Let's Play.  Not too popular, but I didn't care.  I wanted the criticism and praise, the education.

First person to subscribe and comment on a video, a day or two after I posted my first episode of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElektraMode

And the praise came first!  In fact, not much criticism came from folks other than myself.  I wanted to make myself sound more awake and mumble less, wanted to balance audio and improve video quality.  And eventually I managed to get into a groove.

I started my Hitman: Blood Money series, another favorite game of mine, and it has since become my most popular series at about 1,500 views per video as of writing this.

My big boom came shortly after The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was released.  I was the first person to find a way around a game-breaking bug, and posted a video explaining my technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn3aoZP7gZc

This video pretty much quadrupled my subscriber count, and still constitutes about 90% of my video views. It's hovering at 188,000 now, having slowed down a lot since a patch was released.  But still, it introduced many new people to me, and me to many new people.

College began, and videos all but disappeared.  I released a Gears of War 3 piece recorded with friends, and I was proud of how it turned out.  Certainly was fun to record:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L23kA3-UZxw

It's been a blast, and I hope I stick around this time.  That last video includes another broken promise at the end, and if I can, I'll not let that happen again.  I may not be a daily uploader, but I'll do what I can to be a good uploader.

Thank you all, and let me know how you've been this past year!

-LordWolter

No comments:

Post a Comment